Sailing School – ASA 103/104
ASA 103 Basic Coastal Cruising and ASA 104 Bareboat Chartering
This three-day course is conducted at OYC’s professional meeting facilities and aboard one of its well-equipped cruising sailboats, visiting several destinations along the breathtaking shoreline of lake of the Ozarks.
• Review basic keelboat and coastal cruising concepts
• Sailboat chartering: planning, booking, check out
• Float plan, provisioning, navigation plan and plotting, safety considerations
• Sailing first leg: sailing techniques, navigation, anchoring
• Diesel engines, air conditioning, galley procedures
• Head operations, emergencies
• Sailing second leg: additional techniques, navigation, overboard rescue
• Marine weather conditions
• Sailing third leg: heavy weather sailing, running aground, towing
• Check-in, settlement, wrap up
For more information or to register for this class, please email Gisela.Jenkins@OzarkYachtClub.com or call 573.552.8401, ext. 250.