Sailing School – ASA 118
ASA 118 – Docking Endorsement:
Learn to safely and efficiently dock an auxiliary powered (single inboard or outboard engine) sailboat. Knowledge of basic auxiliary power theory, engine and steering controls, proper use of dock lines, crew communication and safety.
• Prepare boat and crew members for docking and undocking
• Maneuver the boat in a confined space
• Cast off as planned without collision, grounding, damage or injury
• Cast off from parallel to a dock with the wind blowing towards the dock
• Dock bow into slip with the wind coming from the bow, the stern or cross wind
• Dock stern into slip with the wind coming from the stern, the bow or cross wind
• Dock the boat without engine under sail or bare boat
• Demonstrate the proper method for heaving a line
For more information or to register for this class, please email Gisela.Jenkins@OzarkYachtClub.com or call 573.552.8401, ext. 250.
- Oct 21 2021
- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Share this event
Ozark Sailing Club – Race
Come race with us! Ozark Yacht Club is home to the Ozark Sailing Club. Racing is free and no preregistration is required. Show up for a race meeting and get on a boat.
Crew with beginner to advanced sailing skills and experience are welcome. Racing is a great introduction to sailing while being supported by seasoned sailors. Racing is also a great way to practice your skills and increase your experience.
Race meetings are held On Dock U 11:00 a.m. before each race. Races begin at Noon, near the gas dock. Race end times depend on wind and scheduled races.
Bring something for the post-race potlucks. Our potlucks are held on Dock U and are a great place to socialize with those who love to sail.
For more information about racing: Gisela.Jenkins@OzarkYachtCLub.com or 573.552.8401, ext. 250.