Sailing School – ASA 118
ASA 118 – Docking Endorsement:
Learn to safely and efficiently dock an auxiliary powered (single inboard or outboard engine) sailboat. Knowledge of basic auxiliary power theory, engine and steering controls, proper use of dock lines, crew communication and safety.
• Prepare boat and crew members for docking and undocking
• Maneuver the boat in a confined space
• Cast off as planned without collision, grounding, damage or injury
• Cast off from parallel to a dock with the wind blowing towards the dock
• Dock bow into slip with the wind coming from the bow, the stern or cross wind
• Dock stern into slip with the wind coming from the stern, the bow or cross wind
• Dock the boat without engine under sail or bare boat
• Demonstrate the proper method for heaving a line
For more information or to register for this class, please email Gisela.Jenkins@OzarkYachtClub.com or call 573.552.8401, ext. 250.